Second Annual Report, My Success Online
This was supposed to be published on the 5th of December but the work in my company has been overwhelming, so I give it to you now instead.
This is the second annual report on how a young person in Sweden with absolutely no money, knowledge or connections could sit down and learn, observe and start an online company by will power alone and not only make a living for himself but for half of his family as well.
On the 5th of December 2004 I changed my life 180 degrees. I quit my job and philosophical studies and moved back to Sweden to change my life totally. Here is my first annual report of 2005
Statistics of today
- Employers in Sweden: 1 full time and 1 part time
- Business partners: 20+
- Google mentions of "Jim Westergren": 150 000+
- Number of active web sites owned: 70+ and 220 domain names.
- Annual gross income: $100K+
- Positive newspaper mentions: 10+
Highlights of Web Sites
- JimWestergren.com now gets an average of 1K unique visitors a day and has over 94K backlinks according to Yahoo.
- The manual edited directory AddURL-Free.com has now over 36K active listings.
- Of my web sites 5 have PR6 and 18 has PR5.
- More than 100 clients serviced on our manual directory submission service.
- My Swedish SEO forum has over 9K posts.
- Some keyword rankings.
Some Special Highlights of 2006
The V7N SEO contest started.
I bought SEO Fusion.
I went to work together with my employee and we established the company, services and many other things.
I did my research on the Google RK parameter and published it as an article.
Swedish SEO forum created.
I outed an unethical activity conducted by a Swedish SEO company and ranked for their own name. The CEO threated to sue me but I handled it quite well.
ArticleHub.net completed, code and design from scratch.
I almost won the biggest SEO contest ever. I got broadcasted in Swedish radio and about 7 newspapers wrote about me including the Wall Street Journal and Washington Post.
I wrote and published my "famous" Link Building Guide.
My fathers house was sold. I got a new flat.
I launched the Swedish national SEO contest, more info. This was mentioned by 2 newspapers and by a bunch of bloggers.
I made a very important business decision. I changed my company from a SEO company to a link building company and do no longer offer optimization sercvices, more info.
In a meeting with Peter, my employee, the idea of the "bättre" network was born and 43 swedish .se domain names were registered.
Highest ever client sign ups and income.
I was part of the panel and spoke about SEO on the IMC 2006 and we had our Swedish SEO meeting after that, more info.
I signed contract with a friend who made a investment in my company.
Redesign and added features of Addurl-free.com.
Another 70 web sites are planned and the domains are registered. The most of these are Swedish and a few of them will be major projects. There are already almost 100 pages materials written for these web sites and I want to have all these sites up before the summer.
On the 30th March I go to India to meet business partners and friends and have some vacation, more info.
I will continue training link baiting and continue to release major articles on this blog.
During the summer or maybe a bit later we will start the "Aktiebolag" (Limited corporation in english).
After the summer I will concentrate on a more passive income and get back on my fiction writing. I want to have my first novel in print within 2008. I will also write a book on SEO in Swedish.
Comments powered by Disqus
- Selling my SEO business TodaysWeb
- PDO vs MySQLi speed comparison
- Installing Apache Cassandra with PHP 7 on Ubuntu 16.04
- Annual report number 11 + 12: My Success
- Git with GitHub the Simple Way
- Annual report number 9 + 10: My Success
- Annual report number 8: My Success
- Guide: WordPress with Maximum Performance and Speed
- How to load WordPress in a few milliseconds using Redis
- Maximize the Link Juice of your Infographic with the use of the Canonical HTTP Header