IMC 2006 and Swedish SEO meeting is over
The international Internet Marketing Conference for 2006 was held in Stockholm, Sweden, 2 days ago.
There was 4 panels (I was part of the second one) and some of the common buzzwords that pretty much sums up this conference were the following:
- Web Analytics
- Visitor Attraction
- Marketing Analysis
- Huge visitor interactive campaigns
- Real-time optimization of messages and offers
- Behavioral Marketing
- Web SMS services
- E-mail Marketing
It was very interesting and I will contact a few ventures for possible partnership/services. And what did I speak about?
After presenting myself I gave a very quick rundown on the following:
- What is SEO and why is it effective
- The three phases of SEO (Keyword Research, On-page Optimization and Link Building)
Then I spoke further about different methods of Link Building:
- Link baiting
- Using directories
- Right way to do Link exchange
- Links from authority sites
- Links from bloggers (ReviewMe, Pay Per Post etc)
- Finding right sites to get links from using the SERPs
- Getting links by sending reviews, testimonials, awards and more
- Article submission/syndication
- Using backlink generators to get strong sites
With zero hours of sleep and no time to practice the speech I think I did it quite well. The audience looked interested and I got quite some questions which was good. But I have to admit, I prefer writing articles than giving speeches and 10-15 minutes it not very much :).
After the conference at around 18:00 we had our Swedish SEO meeting with SEO professionals across all Sweden.
First we went to a restuarant and then on a bar until very very late, hehe.
The next day after I finally got some sleep we had our more official Swedish SEO meeting.
It was very nice to meet online SEOs that you "know" online but never seen in person. I'd like to thank the following Swedish participants for making it a very nice and beneficial experience:
Special thanks to Per Gustavsson for arranging the conference place and food for the Swedish meeting.
Then I would like to thank:
- Wiseweb (Bernt Johansson and team)
- Eastpoint (Markus Jalmerot, Marcus Westberg and Ted Forssblad)
- Web Guide Partner (Victor Sahlstedt and team)
- Agent Interactive (Joakim Ebstein and Martin Lindhe)
- Björn Lilja
Sorry for forgetting a few of you ...
- My Favorite Board Games and How I Play Them
- Switching from Windows PC to Mac and why I switched back
- Creating The Space War - The Card Game of My Dreams
- 24 Characteristics That Geniuses Have in Common
- Setting up and Managing a MySQL Server
- Canasta - The Great Card Game
- Annual report number 13 + 14: My Success
- Selling my SEO business TodaysWeb
- PDO vs MySQLi speed comparison
- Installing Apache Cassandra with PHP 7 on Ubuntu 16.04