I was drafting on a new article but I missed a word to describe something specific. Let me coin the term "Backlink Generator". EDIT: Article now written here.
With "Backlink Generator" I mean a "machine" that generates backlinks passively. It is a tool, script or something else which makes people link to it without any effort from your part.
What is the difference between a Link Bait and a Backlink Generator?
With Link Bait people link to you because of the content. With a Backlink Generator people link to you because it is forced or made like that.
4 examples of good Backlink Generators
- Directory giving bonus when you provide a reciprocal link. There are many directory scripts out there such as PHPLD, it is easy to set up and maintain. Once you get an attractive PR it will run almost by itself. People will link to it in order to get the "bonus" (featured link or whatever). If you make it free and get on the popular lists you will get good traffic which you will miss if you require a reciprocal for a free submission.
- Topsites Specifically those scripts such as Aardvark Topsites that give you nice static backlinks from the members. Those are also very easy to set up and maintain.
- Providing blog themes If you are good at web site designing than this is a good oppertunity. Design a few nice blog themes for example for Wordpress and have a link to your site in the footer. Make sure you get listed on the important theme lists so people download it.
- Tools that web site owners can place on their own site This is a bit harder to execute and probably even harder to get successful but the potential is higher than the other 3 I listed. You want a good example? Check this, anyone can place a button on their own site to their own visitor map. 713K backlinks to that page is not bad ...
There are many more Backlink Generators that can be created, those are just from the top of my head and what I deem the most effective ones.
An SEO contest is a good Link Bait if executed well. If you then also force the contestants to link to you it also becomes a good Backlink Generator and even a better Link Bait due to the controversy ...
It is very easy for a Backlink Generator to get a lot of links and good PR. I manage myself 5 and they are all PR 5-6 and each day they get about 2 new good backlinks, passively.
Use your Backlink Generators to link to your content sites!
Comments powered by Disqus
- PDO vs MySQLi speed comparison
- Installing Apache Cassandra with PHP 7 on Ubuntu 16.04
- Annual report number 11 + 12: My Success
- Git with GitHub the Simple Way
- Annual report number 9 + 10: My Success
- Annual report number 8: My Success
- Guide: WordPress with Maximum Performance and Speed
- How to load WordPress in a few milliseconds using Redis
- Maximize the Link Juice of your Infographic with the use of the Canonical HTTP Header
- Why I recommend CloudFlare and why you should try it too