Fourth Annual Report: My Success
On the 5th of December 2004 when I was 22 I changed my life 180 degrees. I quit my earlier very special life and moved back to Sweden to change my life totally.
I had no money, education, experience or connections and some people doubted that I could get successful - personally I took it as a great challenge. I started by borrowing my mothers computer and begun to learn HTML and internet marketing.
That is now 4 years ago.
Every year since then I publish an annual report how the year has gone and with future plans for the next year. Every year I try to do more good.
This is the fourth annual report and 2008 has been so successful that it is hard for me to imagine I can do more good.
If you are interested, read my 3 previous reports here:
Main highlights from 2008
Meeting the woman that became my wife
- On the 29 of January in Stockholm I met the person that I love so very much, Neyda from Bolivia.
- On the 1st of march we had our engagement, a day I will never forget.
- On the 10th of may we had our civil wedding in Malmo Sweden with a very nice party. (our wedding photos here)
- On the 27th of September we had our religous wedding in Bolivia. (our wedding photos here).
Business related success
- My new company "Jim Westergren AB" was registered and my name "Jim Westergren" registered as a trademark (photo).
- New web sites (all in Swedish this year): Karriarguidens blog and forum, SEO-proffs.se, SEO-guide.se, Ordklasser.se, Satsdelar.se, reworking Kvalitetskatalog.se and a private blog about my life in Bolivia.
- Mentioned 4 times in newspapers, total 19.
- The financial result of my company was a lot more than the previous 3 years (but much of it coming from contracts written in 2007).
- I have been living half a year in Bolivia, the poorest country in South America, and it has been giving me a new perspective on life. Very good for me.
- I have traveled a lot in Bolivia and I have seen a lot of culture, nature and history. I took over 3 thousand photos and the best ones are published on my account on Flickr.
- I learned basic Spanish
- One of my short stories got published (link in Swedish).
- I didn't write so much. Most of it has been posts on my Swedish blog and Swedish articles about SEO. I also begun to write a philosophical essay "Instinct and the Free Will" but didn't finish it.
Goals for 2009
- Travel with my wife to Sweden.
- 5 new web sites.
- A good income.
- Travel around in Europe for 3 months. (Paris, London, Venice)
- Move to Stockholm.
- 10 new articles and 10 new essays written.
- Learn sufficient Spanish so that I can speak ok.
- Sell a lot of domain names and sites that I have no intention to further develop.
- Spend less time reading garbage and more time reading what I actually have use for.
- My wife gets a job in Sweden.
- A baby? :)
- Annual report number 13 + 14: My Success
- Selling my SEO business TodaysWeb
- PDO vs MySQLi speed comparison
- Installing Apache Cassandra with PHP 7 on Ubuntu 16.04
- Annual report number 11 + 12: My Success
- Git with GitHub the Simple Way
- Annual report number 9 + 10: My Success
- Annual report number 8: My Success
- Guide: WordPress with Maximum Performance and Speed
- How to load WordPress in a few milliseconds using Redis