Updating PR values of 1066 URLs in 30 minutes
This article is written more for myself so I remember how I do it the next time but probably a few people will also benefit from this for different uses and purposes.
Today I updated all the PR values for the directories listed on my directory list. I had to update each listing in the MySQL database but I found a fast way to do it. The previous time was a pain in the ***.
1. Log into PHPMyAdmin and get the URLs:
2. Export the query into a text file.
3. Clean the text file so that you only have the URLs. (I use EditPlus 2 for this to replace all. It costs $30)
5. Edit the excel sheet and place the columns of the PR values before the URLs.
6. Paste everything in a new EditPlus document and do specific replace all queries so that you get valid SQL code. (correct the first and last line).
7. Go back to PHPMyAdmin, paste and run the SQL code.
8. Export the whole database to keep as a new backup.
- My Recommendations for a Happy Life
- Budget 100 - an old school magic format
- My Favorite Board Games and How I Play Them
- Switching from Windows PC to Mac and why I switched back
- Creating The Space War - The Card Game of My Dreams
- 24 Characteristics That Geniuses Have in Common
- Setting up and Managing a MySQL Server
- Canasta - The Great Card Game
- Annual report number 13 + 14: My Success
- Selling my SEO business TodaysWeb