Updating PR values of 1066 URLs in 30 minutes
This article is written more for myself so I remember how I do it the next time but probably a few people will also benefit from this for different uses and purposes.
Today I updated all the PR values for the directories listed on my directory list. I had to update each listing in the MySQL database but I found a fast way to do it. The previous time was a pain in the ***.
1. Log into PHPMyAdmin and get the URLs:
2. Export the query into a text file.
3. Clean the text file so that you only have the URLs. (I use EditPlus 2 for this to replace all. It costs $30)
5. Edit the excel sheet and place the columns of the PR values before the URLs.
6. Paste everything in a new EditPlus document and do specific replace all queries so that you get valid SQL code. (correct the first and last line).
7. Go back to PHPMyAdmin, paste and run the SQL code.
8. Export the whole database to keep as a new backup.
- Annual report number 13 + 14: My Success
- Selling my SEO business TodaysWeb
- PDO vs MySQLi speed comparison
- Installing Apache Cassandra with PHP 7 on Ubuntu 16.04
- Annual report number 11 + 12: My Success
- Git with GitHub the Simple Way
- Annual report number 9 + 10: My Success
- Annual report number 8: My Success
- Guide: WordPress with Maximum Performance and Speed
- How to load WordPress in a few milliseconds using Redis