Theory on How to Become a Genius
EDIT: April 30, 2006:
This essay was written by me in a day 2 years ago. It was never modified or revised and it contains errors in the english language. It is also highly influenced by Scientology, a religion I then was part of but I have partly left that since then. A proper revision of this essay will be done in the future but it still contains some very interesting information that I deem very valuable.
Essay partly based on the works from L. Ron Hubbard - a true genius.
All the speculations, ideas and the essay itself was written on the second of June 2004, a day when I was in bed having a cold, by Jim Westergren - one who wanted to become more intelligent.
This is an essay with a very optimistic title - the most optimistic title I have ever written to date.
The dictionary defines "genius" as: "Someone who has an unusually high level of intelligence, mental skill or artistic ability."
The first thing to learn is that a person CAN become more intelligent, and I am sure even possible to become a genius, all by himself. And it is definitely not necessary to meditate 10 years on the top of a mountain in china to achieve it.
In an issue entitled "Genius" from L. Ron Hubbard he is quoting Dr. Alfred Barrios who declared the following: "Most people have the mistaken idea that geniuses are born, not made."
To understand how to become more smart it is first necessary to understand how a person is thinking. L. Ron Hubbard made discoveries in 1956 regarding this and I will give here a summary.
A person is thinking with DATA. The data a person has is ALIGNED. It is aligned on STABLE DATA. The stable data a person has may be correct or not be correct.
A person X has a stable datum that all men has equal value. All right, this is the stable datum he operates on concerning people. He may know it or not know it and it does not matter where he had gotten it from whether it was Charles Darwin, Wilhelm Wundt, Karl Marx, Lenin, from the Bible or whoever told him this. His thinking, calculations, evaluations and actions concerning people is aligned with this stable datum. If for example person X sees the bum on the street, he may give him some coins and think that he is poor and that all people has the same value.
If somebody will now tell person X that it is not true that all people has equal value, he will probably not believe it but if person X makes some observations that shows something else and he reevaluates it and now discounts the stable datum what will happen is that he will come into a state of confusion. All the data that was aligned to his stable datum is now no longer aligned.
Now I will tell you something, which I strongly believe to be the case; people are mostly operating on wrong stable data, even on false data.
A way for a person to become more smart is to reevaluate the stable data he is operating on to the correct ones and then align all the data he has to these new stable data. He will of course come into a state of confusion but this is only until he has established new stable data.
Types of data
All data is not the same. I made the following illustration to show data's relative importance.
Field 1: Vital data. Data in the field of true philosophy. Covers such things as understanding of life and how it operates, reason for existence, Metaphysics, etc. In short - the greatest truths.
Field 2: Valuable data. Data concerning how to do things and which helps you in your life. Data which help you understand things and how it works.
Field 3: Useless data. Data that does not help you and has no value. Most data from TV, newspapers, school education and talking between people unfortunately falls under this field.
Field 4: Destructive data. False data, data which makes you unhappy, data intended to bring about destruction. Unfortunately more than you believe.
For a person to become more smart he has to recognize which data are of value for him. What is valuable for him also depends on what his purpose is but the above description still holds firm. He has to develop a skill to see which data are important for him in the ocean of data that he is operating in.
A lot of data are made in the form of entertainment which I want to make a comment on. Entertainment is a big modern industry. TV, movies, books, radio etc. etc.
I believe that if a person would have a strong purpose in his life and plays the game of life to reach his purpose he will not care so much about entertainment.
So for me it shows that generally in the western hemisphere in which the entertainment business is big, people are lacking purpose.
Lets take an example with one of my best Sci-Fi writers - Isaac Asimov. He was writing fiction and non-fiction to such an extent that I don't believe he had any time at all for any entertainment. So lets say that somebody called him and told him that at 8 PM there is a program on TV about how to dress nicely. That would be useless data for him.
Lets take a baker and somebody tells him that nobody likes his bred. That would be destructive data.
Lets take a person who wants to become a writer. He takes a course in writing in which he learns how to write. That would be valuable data.
Lets take a taxi driver and he gets hold of a book that explains to him how his mind works and how to improve it. That would be vital data.
A wife has problems to cook and she gets hold of a book on how to properly cook - Valuable data.
A kid does not like to play piano and gets a book as a present on how to play piano - Useless data.
A person does not intend to buy something but anyway looks in the catalog - Useless data.
This essay would not be of any real value if not contained any Vital data and the first thing I wish to say on this is that there is Vital data. Never accept "Nobody knows". You will be startled to know how much truths has been found out which you have no idea on.
Some Vital data:
(Based on the works of L. Ron Hubbard. For full explanation and descriptions I refer you to the books, lectures and courses from Mr. Hubbard.)
- What is true is that you have observed yourself.
- Man is not an animal. Man is a spiritual entity capable of far far more than has ever been considered.
- The spiritual entity is not part of the physical universe but the creator of it.
- The spiritual entity is operating around three operations: Generation of truth, considering and perceiving.
- The current physical universe is the product of agreement between spiritual entities.
- The common denominator between all spiritual entities is the playing of a game and the anatomy of game consist of freedom, barrier and purpose.
- The spiritual entity cannot die but is operating on different awareness levels and different tones.
- The spiritual entity has to downgrade itself in order to play a game.
- When a spiritual entity has lack of games he accepts and plays games on lower levels.
- There is no God but the spiritual entity of man could be considered to be a God when reached its potential capabilities.
- The spiritual entities are animating life in an organism in the physical universe to play a game.
- The current spiritual entities of man has been downgraded to an almost nonexistent level throughout its history.
- Survival is the basic principle of existence concerning organisms.
- Man is basically good.
- Man is creating his future.
- Man is creating his own feelings.
- Communication is the most vital factor of life which when used establishes reality and affinity which leads to understanding.
- Acceptance of responsibility increases cause level.
- Destructive acts decreases cause level and puts the person effect.
- The most vital factor of man is his reason.
- The mind of organisms contains a section created for security for the organism, which operates on stimuli response and takes control of the organism ones the organism is in danger. As man has grown to a level higher than animals the computations by the security section of the mind are not rational anymore and is the sole cause for psychosomatic illnesses and irrational behavior. This is handled by Dianetics therapy.
- A minor percentage of man are destructive to their personality and are pushing man down and makes them effect.
- A person is as valuable as he is helping others and supports life across all its sections.
- The primary barrier in studying is the misunderstood word.
- The planet is going down rapidly.
- The planet can be saved with the science of Dianetics and the practical philosophy of Scientology.
How to become a genius:
(A theory as it was worked out by Jim Westergren)
- Consider yourself being a genius and act like one in every moment of your life and you will very soon feel that you are one.
- Work out your time in such a way that every hour is properly utilized and put aside as much time as possible on becoming better.
- Established a good skill on recognizing which data are valuable and vital.
- Learn something new and valuable each day.
- In anything you read or observe make sure you understand it. Clear up the words you don't understand and ask or look up to understand observations which were not understood. Never pass by something you don't understand.
- Carefully choose a profession in which you earn your money for living and at the same time enables you to enhance your skill and abilities.
- Read a lot and carefully select which literature to read in which to gain the most valuable and vital data.
- Evaluate, look and make conclusions on anything you read and observe.
- Expect much more of yourself than what is expected from others.
- Help people around you to the best of your ability and establish friends who can support you if needed.
- Be very self-confident and certain but on the same time be open to listen, look and reevaluate to make new conclusions.
- Know that no matter how good or skilled you are you can always become better and never cease to become more skillful in anything you do.
- The true genius knows that it is not enough for himself having reached sky high levels - he has to take the rest of mankind with him up and has dedicated his life in making it happen.
By having read this essay you are already on your way to become a genius.
Comments powered by Disqus
- Annual report number 11 + 12: My Success
- Git with GitHub the Simple Way
- Annual report number 9 + 10: My Success
- Annual report number 8: My Success
- Guide: WordPress with Maximum Performance and Speed
- How to load WordPress in a few milliseconds using Redis
- Maximize the Link Juice of your Infographic with the use of the Canonical HTTP Header
- Why I recommend CloudFlare and why you should try it too
- Annual report number 7: My Success
- Sixth Annual Report: My Success