Superspammer getting billions of pages in Google
A spammer from Romania has found a loophole in Google and is getting billions of subdomains into Google in just 3 weeks - and ranks them!
Here is a site query of one of the domains.
The stupid thing is that he also ranks: example 1, example 2.
"TheHoff" is writing how this was done on his blog here.
Adam Lasnik from Google writes on digg:
I'm on the Search Quality Team at Google. We're aware of the situation that's been discussed here.
In particular, I wanted to note a couple of things: 1) Our engineers recently noticed that our site: queries (number of results listed for a search) were showing bizarre results. This has turned out to be tied to a bad data push, and we're fixing this right now. 2) I am *NOT* on the AdSense team, but I'd hope common sense would suggest to fellow Digg'ers that a click on an AdSense ad does not necessarily result in a charge to an advertiser and a credit to a publisher.
This is now being handled by a hand job but I really wonder how stable BigDaddy is? A huge amount of sites has gotten their internal pages deindexed and these kind of sites ...
UPDATE: Google has now deleted his sites. I hope they correct the algo as well.
- My Recommendations for a Happy Life
- Budget 100 - an old school magic format
- My Favorite Board Games and How I Play Them
- Switching from Windows PC to Mac and why I switched back
- Creating The Space War - The Card Game of My Dreams
- 24 Characteristics That Geniuses Have in Common
- Setting up and Managing a MySQL Server
- Canasta - The Great Card Game
- Annual report number 13 + 14: My Success
- Selling my SEO business TodaysWeb
He is the Founder of DomainStats and N.nu. Read his full about page.