SEO Features of N.nu
I learned PHP and built the online website creator N.nu from scratch myself (examples). From the start one of the principal focuses has been to make sure that the system has optimal SEO and it is my intention that N.nu is the online website creator with the best SEO. This blog is of course hosted by N.nu as well as most of my other websites such as todaysweb.com and so on.
Considering my professional experience with SEO in the last 5 years (now 11 years) this is one area I can use to gain a competetive advantage.
Here is what Magnus Bråth, Founder of the SEO company Brath AB, has to say about it:
N.nu is an amazing service and especially for you who are starting your work in SEO. It will take you les than half an hour to get an on topic site up and running, either with your own domain or on a free n.nu domain.
When I first found n.nu (during the beta period) I instantly realized that this is a great resource for optimizers and made sure I quickly got myself 5 different presentations on various topics. It took me less than a couple of hours the get them all produced and actually grabbing positions in the search results.
List of SEO Features:
- Step by step guide to SEO for your website in the administration area.
- Activate free links to your website from several different websites.
- Optimal title elements (good automatic or custom)
- Proper use of header elements (h1, h2 and h3)
- Templates with responsive design
- Edit content either with visual editor (TinyMCE) or as HTML.
- 100% Optimal URLs
- URLs never change even if all else changes
- Get a great subdomain for free (www.keyword.n.nu) or use your own domain or subdomain.
- See a list of all your backlinks and top linked pages in the admin.
- Add meta description or other meta tags to your website.
- Automatic creation of XML sitemap (sitemap.xml)
- Automatic creation of robots.txt
- Automatic and correct rel canonical.
- Possibility to use the alt and title attribute for images and links.
- Super fast: Pages are generated in average 0.0015 seconds and also gets a great Page Speed Score (minimum 90%, 100% is possible).
- Prepared for high traffic. Your site will survive Hacker News, Reddit and so forth. Your website can handle more than 100 visitors per second.
- Add your website to the Google webmaster tools and select a country to target, submit your sitemap.xml and more.
- Zero duplicate content
- Built in RSS parser.
- Automatic 301 redirection from without www to with www
- Automatic 301 redirection to new subdomain if you change it.
- Automatic 301 redirection to your domain if you choose to map a domain.
- Possibility to 301 redirect on a URL level, see here.
- Use an an URL extension such as .php, .asp, / (wordpress), or .html so you can keep your URL structure even if you change to another system in the future.
- Fully protected from spam, cracking and other such things which might get your website penalized from Google.
- A track record since 2009 of better uptime than many other hosting companies. 100% uptime on most months.
- Only clean templates are used which complies to current standard or make your own template with custom HTML and CSS.
- Basic web statistics system included automatically (Redistats: demo) and possibility to add your own web analytics tracking code such as Google Analytics.
- 301 redirect pages with backlinks that are 404 with a few easy clicks.
- Activate https with your domain (info).
Extra advanced features:
- SEO Hosting: 151 different C-class IPs in 7 countries.
- Use the letters å, ä, ö in URLs (info).
This article last updated: 2016-12-31
- My Recommendations for a Happy Life
- Budget 100 - an old school magic format
- My Favorite Board Games and How I Play Them
- Switching from Windows PC to Mac and why I switched back
- Creating The Space War - The Card Game of My Dreams
- 24 Characteristics That Geniuses Have in Common
- Setting up and Managing a MySQL Server
- Canasta - The Great Card Game
- Annual report number 13 + 14: My Success
- Selling my SEO business TodaysWeb
He is the Founder of DomainStats and N.nu. Read his full about page.