Greatest Nerd of All Times: Jonathan Vos Post!
I have just found a person on the internet that I believe brings a whole new meaning to the word NERD. This is a person that is member of a group called "the Ubergeeks" and breaks all records, by far. He is additionally a very interesting person with a very special character.
Let me present to you Jonathan Vos Post!
Some of his highlights
- Programmed in 30 computer languages including Java, XML/XSL, Netscape Application Server (Kiva), Oracle 8i, APL, Assembly Language, BASIC, CITRAN, COBOL, FORTRAN IV, FORTRAN 77, HAL, LISP, PL/1, Pop-2, SNOBOL, TRAC and more.
- Taught 12 computer languages
- Part-time Professor in Astronomy, Computer Science, English Composition, Mathematics and Physics
- Has also taught Anthropology, Ecology, Literature, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology and other subjects
- 820+ publications, presentations and broadcasts
- Widely published author of science fiction, mystery, poetry, opera, Math, Drama, 210 space publications and much more.
- He has a Ph.D in Molecular Cybernetics
- He wrote the world's first doctoral dissertation on Nanotechnology
- He has a Master of Science in Computers and Information Science (Artificial Intelligence)
- He has a Bachelor of science degree in Mathematics (Advanced Logic) as well as in English Literature
- Owns a company called "Sherlock Holmes Resume Service"
- Has management expertise in Aerospace, Computers, Research and Marketing
- Has been working for Boeing, European Space Agency, NASA, Systems Development Corporation, U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force and many more
- Held Secret clearance through 1991; never denied clearance
- He is sitting in the board of directors of at least 3 different foundations
- In his so-called spare time, he wins elections for local political offices and produces operas, as Secretary of Euterpe Opera Theatre.
Some of his most extreme Ubergeek works that qualified him for the title of the Biggest Nerd of All Times includes:
- A 57 page publication: "What numbers can be made with Four Nines"
- A 84 page publication: "What numbers can be made with four copies of the number "pi", or p?"
- A list of 4468 Mystery/Detective Authors and Fictional Characters inserted in a periodic table and written in pure HTML.
- A 8 page document of Word Oddities and Trivia
- A 294 page HTML document: "Table of Figurate Numbers, Sorted, Through 10,000"
- A 567 page HTML document: "Table of Polytope Numbers, Sorted, Through 1,000,000"
- A 1370 page HTML compilation of a list of Sci-Fi Authors
His most interesting works:
- Timeline of 2010-2020 and timeline of the Cosmic Future Until Infinity
- His handbook: "How to Talk to an Extraterrestrial"
Nomitated by myself to have the most ugly professional presentation of himself in the whole world: http://www.magicdragon.com/jvp.html
His web site Magicdragon.com is one of the most interesting sites I have ever seen:
- 200,000 visitors per month (according to the site)
- 4,307 pages according to live.com
- Ranking number 4 on Google for the extremely hard word Science Fiction:
- Written in pure HTML!
- Ugly looking!
The internet is really a way of connecting people -- so Magic Dragon Multimedia has information about, and/or links to, over 11,000 people worldwide who have something important or entertaining to tell you.
Read more and see an index of the site here.
His LiveJournal profile sums it up pretty well:
Jonathan Vos Post is a part-time Professor of Mathematics, who has also taught Anthropology, Astronomy, Computer Science, Ecology, Literature, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, and other subjects. He is also a professional Science Fiction author who has co-authored or co-edited with Ray Bradbury, Richard Feynman, Sir Arthur C. Clarke, and many others, for his nearly 900 publications, presentations, and broadcasts. A failed actor, who has sold some plays; a failed musician, whose lyrics have made it to MTV; he has finally suceeded as a husband and father, and is thus a happy man, eager to share his delight in life. His primary concern is attempting to answer three little questions: (1) what is the universe, and how does it work?; (2) what is a human being?; and (3) what is the place of a human being in the universe? His web domain, magicdragon.com, gets over 15,000,000 hits per year.
- His LiveJournal Profile
- His recent entries from 2006 on LiveJournal
- Resume of Jonathan Vos Post
- Comments from Jonathan from Making Light
- Text about him on an author page
- Entry on NECSIWiki
- Presentation of himself
- Teaching version of resume
- More about him
- The Ubergeeks
- Sherlock Holmes Resume Service
- His wife
- 24 Characteristics That Geniuses Have in Common
- Setting up and Managing a MySQL Server
- Canasta - The Great Card Game
- Annual report number 13 + 14: My Success
- Selling my SEO business TodaysWeb
- PDO vs MySQLi speed comparison
- Installing Apache Cassandra with PHP 7 on Ubuntu 16.04
- Annual report number 11 + 12: My Success
- Git with GitHub the Simple Way
- Annual report number 9 + 10: My Success