Google knows about your backlinks
Google knows probably a lot more than you think.
This is a blog post by Matt Cutts (Google Engineer): "Tell me about your backlinks"
Google might not like that text links are being bought but in my opinion I see no problem with that. You pay for advertising, just like adwords.
Now, I agree that Google should take actions to devalue etc to keep their index clean - that is part of the SEO cat-and-mouse-game :)
- Don't have words such as "sponsored links" near the links that you buy.
- Have the sites you buy links on on different IPs.
- Don't exaggerate it by getting thousands overnight.
- Vary the anchor text, make it look natural.
- Link inside the text is better than sitewide in the footer.
Now, run away from the Google cat :)
- My Favorite Board Games and How I Play Them
- Switching from Windows PC to Mac and why I switched back
- Creating The Space War - The Card Game of My Dreams
- 24 Characteristics That Geniuses Have in Common
- Setting up and Managing a MySQL Server
- Canasta - The Great Card Game
- Annual report number 13 + 14: My Success
- Selling my SEO business TodaysWeb
- PDO vs MySQLi speed comparison
- Installing Apache Cassandra with PHP 7 on Ubuntu 16.04