Checklist when won a web site auction
This article is written for my friend "honey" (site). I have been bidding against honey on web site auctions for almost 2 years now. I have won maybe 60 auctions and I have now over 100 web sites. Honey owns over 300 ...
So here comes my checklist that I want to show honey as I think she will need one. I guess others perhaps also could find some use for this so I decided to post it here as well.
- Send the money
- Get the files (and database)
- Get the domain
- Create a hosting account
- Update your excel file and input all data
- Change the DNS
- Create and place a new Statcounter project
- Input adsense pub id and new channel id
- Correct adsense position for better CTR if needed
- Place links on it to other relevant sites you own
- Verify basic on-page SEO: H1, titles, file names etc.
- Place the non-www 301 redirect in the .htaccess
- Upload files to account (and create and upload db)
- Place links to it from lists and other places
You can use this on a text file and keep track of the actions of each. I have for example now 12 auctions that I have won and there is no need to get overwhelmed as I know what need to be done on each. Then 2 days a week (currently Sundays and Wednesdays) I am not working with clients but maintaince and creation of web sites. I can do about 10 checklists per work day.
Each morning I see the list of new threads and place my bids.
Yes, you can have over 100 projects in statcounter. Yes, you should host your sites on different c-class IPs. If you own reseller accounts it makes it easy for you to create new accounts instantly. (I recommend gotwebhost.com, they can give you 15 c-class IPs).
EDIT March 16th, 2007:
Here is a checklist Checklist for Buying a web site that I found.
- Switching from Windows PC to Mac and why I switched back
- Creating The Space War - The Card Game of My Dreams
- 24 Characteristics That Geniuses Have in Common
- Setting up and Managing a MySQL Server
- Canasta - The Great Card Game
- Annual report number 13 + 14: My Success
- Selling my SEO business TodaysWeb
- PDO vs MySQLi speed comparison
- Installing Apache Cassandra with PHP 7 on Ubuntu 16.04
- Annual report number 11 + 12: My Success