Annual report number 9 + 10: My Success
Back in December of 2004 I started a new life from zero. I was 22 years old without any money, education or connections. I borrowed my mothers computer and started to learn HTML and internet marketing.
That is now little more than 10 years ago and each year I publish an annual report. Earlier reports are linked from the history section in my about page.
I am sorry that I don't blog more often. But instead of 30 blog posts you get a summary instead.
We still live in Bolivia since the end of 2012 and our wonderful children are now 5 and 3 years old (photos on Facebook). I have been with my great wife for 8 years.
Main highlights from 2013 and 2014
- My company, TodaysWeb, has been growing a lot and has now more than 10 people employed. We offer SEO, Web Development and own and manage a number of projects such as the website builder N.nu.
- We have gotten great success with a large number of clients. We get leads almost every day but we still don't have any seller. All people employed are working with SEO or Web Development.
- Several Swedish SEO companies are using our technology (N.nu white label, links, tools etc).
- Me and my wife started a charity in Bolivia and in december 2014 we gave food and clothes to more than 200 familes in the poorest area in Bolivia.
- I built Redistats which is a web stat system today used on more than 50 000 websites and has Microsoft as one of the users.
- I built SEOcalc.net which has a number of great functions such as calculating keyword difficulty, commercial values of keywords, keyword suggestions, domain lookup, bulk domain analyzing, internal price calculator for our quotes and much more. The code behind SEOcalc is powering Sökdata.se and is using 5 external data sources and 8 APIs with lot's of unique code to calculate things. It was built to assist our own needs with our work with SEO and has helped tremendously.
- We bought Bloggproffs.se and are mainly using it for advertisement for N.nu.
- We finished fullmovies.cc and made it the leading website displaying full movies from YouTube with over 100 000 unique visitors per week. Fully automated with cron jobs. I sold it on Flippa for $11K and the buyer destroyed it with ads.
- I remade Blogglista.se from scratch and it is now a network of sites.
- We have published our ethical rules for TodaysWeb in Swedish.
- SEO-guide.se was moved to N.nu and updated. Now ranking #1 in Google.se for the keyword SEO.
- New server status page at status.todaysweb.com.
- We have built a dream house in Bolivia and it is now almost finished.
New features on N.nu during 2013-2014
- Implemented payment with invoice for swedish users using Billmate, info.
- New: katalog.n.nu and manual.n.nu
- New automatic stat system with Redistas.
- Unlimited space for users to upload images and files.
- Change from freemium to free trial for new signups and new landing page for N.nu. Info here in Swedish.
- It is now possible to connect a subdomain to a N.nu website, info in Swedish.
- New swedish info sites: N.nu White Label, N.nu Affiliate, N.nu Proffspaketet.
- Improvement of the link activation function for N.nu, see here.
- Deletion of 62579 inactive websites on the freemium that did not login despite warnings.
- System for 301 redirects, info in Swedish.
- New system for managing your own templates, info in Swedish.
- Code for displaying backlinks to a specific URL, info in Swedish.
- System for backup, see here.
- Display of your backlinks using API from Ahrefs with function to 301 redirect URLs that don't exist. See here.
- New dedicated server using Varnish and with more than 150 c-class IPs. Info in Swedish here.
- New design for Dagenshemsida.n.nu
- Category system for blog posts, info.
- Import system from WordPress, info. And this website moved from WordPress to N.nu - yeah.
Goals for 2015
- Great results for all our clients.
- Grow the company even more.
- More partnerships with companies.
- Increase the revenues for N.nu.
Comments powered by Disqus
- Git with GitHub the Simple Way
- Annual report number 8: My Success
- Guide: WordPress with Maximum Performance and Speed
- How to load WordPress in a few milliseconds using Redis
- Maximize the Link Juice of your Infographic with the use of the Canonical HTTP Header
- Why I recommend CloudFlare and why you should try it too
- Annual report number 7: My Success
- Sixth Annual Report: My Success
- Common CSS mistakes and their solutions