Annual report number 7: My Success
Back in december of 2004 I started a new life from zero. I was 22 years old without any money, education or connections. I borrowed my mothers computer and started to learn HTML and internet marketing.
That is now 7 years ago and each year I publish an annual report.
Main highlights from 2011
- My wonderful daughter Alice was born in september 2011. I now have two wonderful children and a wonderful wife :) My family is my main focus in my life.
- One day before the new year I reached 40 000 websites in N.nu. Growing with more than 100 per day stable.
- I built and sold a custom tailermade version of my website system to another internet company in Sweden.
- Started a partnership with the template creator Andreas Viklund, see here. 13 of his templates are now ported to N.nu.
- I also had a number of smaller SEO consultancy projects.
New features with N.nu during 2011:
- Point system for each website and a list of the highest ranking websites.
- Email with either forward or installation of Google Apps, see here
- Possibility to edit the contact form, see here in Swedish.
- Integration with Facebook using like buttons and commenting system.
- Built in RSS parser, see here
- Built in MP3 player, see here
- Set website as under construction, see here in Swedish.
- Impressive photo gallery. See example with my own photos and more details in Swedish.
- Built in newsletter function. See details in Swedish.
- Possibility to upload files, see here.
- Programming function to fetch and cache screenshots of websites.
- New design of the signup page: www.n.nu
- The volunteer support person Johnny has produced a number of Swedish video guides to N.nu.
Some smaller side projects
- Länkbygge.se (swedish password protected guide with 42 methods for link building). Spent a number of days writing that.
Goals for 2012
- 85 000 websites in N.nu
- Company gross income: 1,2M SEK
I could summarize 2011 by saying it was a year of building and developing which has been great. This year I have decided to focus on just two things: bring in the money with clients and N.nu and advertise N.nu.
Comments powered by Disqus
- Installing Apache Cassandra with PHP 7 on Ubuntu 16.04
- Annual report number 11 + 12: My Success
- Git with GitHub the Simple Way
- Annual report number 9 + 10: My Success
- Annual report number 8: My Success
- Guide: WordPress with Maximum Performance and Speed
- How to load WordPress in a few milliseconds using Redis
- Maximize the Link Juice of your Infographic with the use of the Canonical HTTP Header
- Why I recommend CloudFlare and why you should try it too